Laminate installation - what to expect
Our team of trained professionals has installation down to an art form. Learn more about our unique and comprehensive laminate flooring installation process.
Here’s the procedure an experienced installation professional will follow:
- Current flooring: Laminate can be installed directly over some existing floors, but others will have to be removed first. Your professional installer will know the proper procedure.
- Moisture testing: Your installer will check for moisture in the subfloor to prevent later problems.
- Installation: Using the appropriate tools, the installer will cut and place the planks or tiles.
- Room shape: A professional will know how to handle any challenges caused by room irregularities.
The installation process
You want a problem-free installation and, to help ensure it, here’s a checklist of things to do before the installer arrives.
- Make sure you know who’s removing your existing flooring. If you want, your installer will do it. If not, you should make arrangements to have it removed.
- Who’s moving the furniture? Decide in advance if you want to take on the responsibility or if you want the installer to handle it.
- Measure door clearances before you have your laminate installed. If the new floor is thicker than your existing floor, door bottoms may rub. Plan in advance to have someone shave or saw the correct amount off the bottom of each door so it does not drag.
- Keep extra paint to touch up any post-installation nicks.