About our carpet installation
When it comes to carpet installation, we're pros. With decades of industry experience, we promise an amazing installation experience and absolute satisfaction. Learn more about the particulars of carpet installation here.
Here’s the procedure an experienced installation professional will follow when putting in your carpet flooring:
- Carpet can be installed over most smooth surfaces. Your installer will make sure the surface is clean, dry, and level.
- The installer will nail or glue tack strips to hold the carpet in place. Then the pad is laid and the adhesive will hold the carpet. Your installer will then line up the seams of the carpet to ensure everything aligns.
- Lastly, your installation professional will stretch the carpet. This final step will help guarantee that your carpet performs well over time.
The installation process
- Make sure you know who’s removing your existing flooring. If you want, the installer can do it. If not, you should make arrangements to have it removed ahead of time.
- Measure door clearances before you have your carpet installed. If the new floor is thicker than your existing floor, door bottoms may rub. Plan in advance to have someone shave or saw the correct amount off the bottom of each door so it does not drag.
- Keep extra paint to touch up any post-installation nicks.