Daily care & maintenance
Laminate’s construction makes it inherently durable, but you’ll want to establish a care & maintenance routine to keep your laminate floor at its most attractive.
Follow these tips to keep your laminate flooring looking great:
- Sweep, dust, or vacuum the floor regularly with the hard floor attachment (not the beater bar) to prevent the accumulation of dirt and grit that can scratch or dull the floor finish.
- Periodically clean the floor with cleaning products made specifically for laminate floor care.
- Do not wash or wet mop the floor with soap, water, oil-soap detergent, or any other liquid cleaning material. This could cause swelling and long-term damage.
Dealing with spills & stains
- Use a damp cloth to blot up spills as soon as they happen. Never allow liquids to stand on your floor.
- For tough spots, such as oil, paint, markers, lipstick, ink, or tar, use acetone/nail polish remover on a clean white cloth, then wipe the area with a damp cloth to remove any remaining residue.
- For spots such as candle wax or chewing gum, harden the spot with ice and then gently scrape with a plastic scraper, such as a credit card. Be careful not to scratch the flooring surface. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.